“This will be an unprecedented presentation of the nature and importance of the Internet backbone by the industry’s leaders. Our Symposium brings together the top-level people and companies building and operating the Internet backbone along with the country’s top financial and market analysts, ” stated Ed Black, President & CEO.
In less than five years, the Internet has had an amazing effect on the fundamentals of our economy, our daily interaction, and our way of life. The next five to 20 years similarly will be defined by the next evolution of the Internet – a move from narrowband to broadband connectivity. But what does this mean to market forces, numerous industries, existing legislation, regulators, and consumers?
Where: Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, 400 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Washington D.C.
When: Tuesday, September 21, 1999
Time: Registration begins at 7am
An impressive group of speakers and panelists have been confirmed including:
- John Sigdmore, Chairman, UUNet
- Rep. Billy Tauzin (R-LA), Chair, Subcommittee on Telecommunications, Trade and Consumer Protection
- Ron Harden, Williams Company
- Christine Hemrick, Cisco Systems
- Scott Clavenna, Pioneer Consulting
- Dr. John G. Flores, United States Distance Learning Association
- Jonathan D. Linkous, American Telemedicine Association
- Jason Oxman, Federal Communications Commission
Additional speakers will be announced. For more information, updates and registration forms contact CCIA or visit www.ccianet.org.