Senior Director, CCIA UK
- CCIA Europe
The Computer & Communications Industry Association (CCIA) is an international trade association that represents the world’s leading technology and communications companies.
The Senior Director will kick off the Association’s permanent presence in the United Kingdom at a crucial time for the digital services industry. The candidate will be a visible leader in the UK tech industry and a strong advocate for our sector.
This contract position will report to CCIA’s President and will be supported by colleagues in the United States and the European Union.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing CCIA’s presence in London
- Building relationships with relevant stakeholders in the UK policy-making community
- Identifying and formulating CCIA’s policy position in specific fields of UK tech policy and regulation
- Communicating with member companies regarding policy and regulatory developments
- Advocating CCIA positions with UK policymakers
- Communicating CCIA positions to the public, including in media and public forums
- Organising events
- Identifying and coordinating alliances with other relevant stakeholders to advance CCIA positions
- Complete fluency in English with excellent written and verbal communications skills is required
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience related to UK policy, e.g., government, politics, parliament, think tank, trade association, journalism, consultancy, or a tech company
- A Bachelor’s degree, and ideally also a Master’s degree, in a relevant topic, e.g., law or politics
- A good understanding of UK tech regulation
- Established network amongst policymakers and media
- Familiarity with the services and business models of CCIA member companies
- A strong communicator and user of communication tools, e.g., social media
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Be driven and a self-starter
- Be passionate about the benefits of technology and its potential to be a force for good
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with fellow staff to achieve the best possible outcomes
Commensurate with experience.