- Competition Team
- Washington, DC
The Computer & Communications Industry Association (CCIA) is a leading international technology trade association that represents technology and communications companies. CCIA seeks a policy expert to support the Association’s antitrust and competition advocacy and manage projects in the relevant policy portfolio. The Competition Manager will report to the Vice President of Global Competition and Regulatory Policy and will have responsibilities including development of law and policy pertaining to antitrust and competition, trade regulation, and emerging technology issues.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with CCIA’s DC and Brussels policy teams to achieve antitrust and competition policy goals on behalf of member companies.
- Manage and coordinate external antitrust and competition advocacy and campaign efforts, coalitions, outreach programs, and initiatives in accordance with CCIA policy objectives.
- Draft written materials for internal and external use to educate, inform, and support CCIA’s competition policy positions, such as legal briefs, research and advocacy papers, reports, memoranda, summaries, posts, and media communications pertaining to the identified subject areas.
- Act as spokesperson for the CCIA and promote policymaker awareness of member companies’ competition policy interests and priorities.
- Anticipate and address challenges that technology companies might face in an evolving international competition and regulatory policy landscape.
- Conduct independent research on antitrust and competition, trade regulation, and technology issues to understand policies associated with innovation in emerging technologies and how these changes will affect industry.
Three to five years of professional experience in law, advocacy, or public policy focusing on antitrust and competition, trade regulation, and technology issues. Juris Doctor or other graduate degree is preferred.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Keen understanding of U.S. and international antitrust and competition and regulatory policy processes.
- Experience working on policy issues and advocacy related to antitrust and competition, trade regulation, and emerging technologies.
- Familiarity with internet technologies and the surrounding policy environments and a demonstrated ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical, legal, and regulatory issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, political, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams and to exercise sound and strategic judgment in a rapidly changing policy environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex competition and regulatory issues into simple explanations.
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously.
Apply on BambooHR at https://ccianet.bamboohr.com/careers/27. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that, due to the high number of submissions, only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered and receive responses.